With summer just around the corner, now is the perfect time to start thinking about how you want to update your look for the warm weather. While you may be tempted to just pull out your shorts and tank tops from last year, there are a few key pieces that can really help to elevate your style and give you a polished summer look.
One of the most important things to keep in mind when accessorizing for summer is that less is often more. With the warmer temperatures, you don’t want to be weighed down by heavy or bulky pieces. Instead, focus on finding light and airy accessories that will work well with your summer wardrobe.
Here are a few tips on how to properly accessorize for a polished summer look:
Choose handcrafted jewellery
The summer season is the perfect time to ditch the heavy, chunky jewellery and opt for something a little more fun and frivolous. But with so many different trends and styles to choose from, how do you know what’s right for you?
The right accessories can really make or break an outfit. And when it comes to summertime style, there’s nothing quite like a piece of handcrafted jewellery to really take your look to the next level. The crafters at Poco Loco Jewellery recommend wearing nature-inspired bohemian jewellery to accentuate your summer look. Not only does handmade jewellery add a unique and personal touch to any outfit, but it also shows that you care about quality and craftsmanship. When you choose handcrafted jewellery, you’re choosing something that is made with care and attention to detail – something that will stand the test of time.
So if you’re looking for the perfect finishing touch to your summer wardrobe, why not try some handcrafted jewellery? Here are a few tips on how to choose the right pieces:
- Layer up your necklace: A great way to add some visual interest to your outfit is to layer different necklaces of different lengths. This will create a focal point and add some extra dimension to your look.
- Choose colourful earrings: Summer is the perfect time to experiment with bold and colourful earrings. Whether you choose statement hoops or dainty studs, make sure they add a pop of colour to your outfit.
- Wear a fun bracelet: A bracelet is a perfect way to add some personality to your look. Opt for something bright and fun, like a beaded bracelet or a charm bracelet.
- Layer your rings: Another great way to add some visual interest to your look is to layer different rings on each hand. This trend is especially popular in the summertime, as it allows you to show off your sun-kissed skin.
Choose light and airy fabrics
When it comes to your clothing and accessories, stick with light and airy fabrics that will help you stay cool in the heat. Natural fibers like mercerised cotton, linen, and silk are all great choices for summer fabrics. They’re light and airy, so they won’t weigh you down in the heat.
Go for bright and bold colors
Accessorizing your outfit with bright and bold colors is a great way to add some extra personality and pizzazz to your look. Not only will it make you stand out from the crowd, but it can also help you feel more confident and fabulous.
When choosing which colors to go for, try to pick shades that complement each other. For example, if you’re wearing a white dress, consider pairing it with a brightly-colored scarf or piece of jewelry. Or, if you have a black top on, try adding a pop of color with your shoes or handbag.
Once you’ve decided on the colors you want to use, it’s time to start accessorizing! If you’re not sure how to do this, take a look at some fashion magazines or blogs for inspiration.
Combine sun protection and elegance
Summer is the perfect time to get out and about, and what better way to show off your polished look than by donning some great accessories? But with so many choices out there, it can be hard to know where to start.
Here are some tips on how to properly accessorize for a polished and elegant summer look:
- Go for natural makeup products that enhance your best features. A light foundation or BB cream, along with a pop of colour on your lips or cheeks, will help you achieve a natural and healthy glow.
- Invest in a pair of sunglasses that not only look great but also protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays. Choose a style that complements your face shape and goes well with your outfits.
- A statement necklace or pair of earrings can really elevate your look. Go for something that catches the eye but isn’t too over-the-top.
- A straw hat is a summer essential that not only looks chic but also keeps you cool and protected from the sun.
- A versatile tote bag is a must-have for carrying all your summer essentials, from sunscreen to sunglasses to your favourite book.
Follow these tips and you’ll be sure to turn heads wherever you go this summer!
With these tips in mind, you’ll be sure to create a polished summer look that you’ll feel confident in. Just remember to keep it simple and have fun with your style!