Do you have trouble sleeping at night? Are you constantly tossing and turning, or waking up in the middle of the night? If so, you’re not alone. Millions of people around the world struggle to get a good night’s sleep.
Luckily, there are natural sleep remedies that can help! In this blog post, we will discuss 10 natural sleep remedies that you should try!
Natural Sleep Remedies and Why You Need Them.
If you’re not sleeping well, natural sleep remedies may be what you need to help you get a good night’s rest. Sleep is essential for our overall health and wellbeing. It allows our bodies to repair and heal from the stresses of the day. When we don’t get enough sleep, we can feel fatigued, irritable, and our mental and physical health can suffer.
Many different factors can contribute to poor sleep. Stress, anxiety, pain, medications, and lifestyle choices can all affect our ability to fall asleep and stay asleep through the night. If you’re struggling with sleep, it’s important to identify the underlying cause so that you can find the best natural sleep remedy for you.
Ten Natural Sleep Remedies to Help You Sleep Better.
Many natural sleep remedies can help you get a good night’s sleep. Here are ten natural sleep remedies that you should try:
- Herbal Tea: Herbal tea is a great way to relax before bedtime. Chamomile and lavender tea are especially effective for promoting sleep. If you are new to making tea, look below at how to make the perfect cup of tea.
- Essential Oils: Essential oils can be used in a diffuser or added to your bathtub to help you relax before bedtime. Lavender oil is particularly helpful for promoting sleep.
- Exercise: Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and promote better sleep. Just be sure to avoid exercising too close to bedtime as it can make it harder to fall asleep. However, some calming exercises to do before bedtime are yoga and stretching.
- Reading: Reading can be a great way to relax before bed and help you transition into sleep. We recommend books that are non-fiction and educational.
- Journaling: Journaling can help you process your thoughts and emotions before bed, which can help you sleep better.
- Yoga: Yoga is a great way to stretch out your body, reduce stress, and promote better sleep. The best yoga methods to try are Hatha yoga and Kundalini yoga.
- Meditation: Meditation can help you clear your mind and promote relaxation. You can find different meditation apps as well that can guide you through the process. We recommend starting with a five-minute meditation and working your way up from there.
- Breathing Exercises: Breathing exercises can help you relax and prepare for sleep. One simple breathing exercise is to inhale for four counts, hold your breath for seven counts, and then exhale for eight counts.
- Creating a Sleep Routine: Creating a sleep routine can help your body know when it’s time to wind down for the night. A sleep routine may include activities such as reading, writing in a journal, taking a bath, and drinking herbal tea.
- Stick to a Schedule: Sticking to a regular sleep schedule can help train your body to fall asleep and wake up at the same time each day. This is especially important on weekends when it’s tempting to stay up later and sleep in.
How To Make the Perfect Cup of Tea.
Making the perfect cup of tea is simple and only requires a few steps. Tea can be made using tea bags or loose leaf tea. Regardless of the steeping method, here’s how to make the perfect cup of tea before bedtime:
- Sleepytime or Chamomile Teabag
- Sugar, as needed.
- Milk, as needed.
- Start by boiling water. You’ll need about one cup of water for every tea bag or a teaspoon of loose tea.
- Once the water is boiling, remove it from the heat and let it sit for about 30 seconds. This will help prevent your tea from becoming bitter.
- Next, add your tea bag or loose tea to the hot water and let it steep for three to five minutes.
- After three to five minutes, remove the tea bag or strain the loose Tea leaves from the water.
- Finally, add any desired sweeteners or milk and enjoy!
If you’re struggling with sleep, natural remedies may be able to help! Try incorporating some of these natural sleep remedies into your nightly routine and see how they work for you.
Additionally, another natural method people incorporate for better sleep is utilizing sleep patches. If you want to give them a try, we suggest looking at The Natural Patch’s SleepyTime sleep-promoting stickers. Sleep patches are easy to use and can be worn anywhere on the body!
Do you have any natural sleep remedies that you swear by? Share them with us in the comments below!