Having a restless few nights? Can’t sleep, and counting sheep doesn’t seem to help?
Well here are my Top 10 Tips for getting 8 hours of sleep each night:
1. Switch all technology off by 9pm! TV, phones, computers – everything! The electromagnetic waves mess with our pineal gland that is responsible for making the sleep hormone
2. No caffeinated tea after 3pm – only herbal
3. Listen to calming meditation practice/relaxing music before bed
4. Avoid bright lights
5. 20 diaphragm breathes before bed/ deep belly breathing!
6. Drink a cup of warm milk, pinch of salt and cinnamon before bed time. This is am amazing sleep tonic.
7. Enjoy a warm bath with epsom salts. The magnesium in the epsom salts is great for relaxation. The heat also induces sleep!
8. I enjoy a glass of magnesium at night. 500-800mg before bed (your health store can recommend a good brand)
9. Dab lavender oil on temples and pillow
10. I keep a note pad next to my bed incase a thought or a ‘to-do’ thing pops up. I write it down and it relives any anxiety.