By Jessica Frost
Twice a year the fashion industry kicks into overdrive and puts on a month long spectacle known as fashion month. From New York to London, Milan to Paris; designers across the world send models strutting down the runway in their latest collections and the rest of the industry stops to watch. Well, if only it were that simple. With so much going on it’s impossible to keep track of every fashion month moment so I’ve put together a few of the best.
1. Gigi and Bella for Anna Sui – the supermodel sister’s had a sweet moment during the finale of Anna Sui’s NYFW show when Gigi lost her shoe. Bella wasn’t too far away though and jumped to her sister’s side to support her one heeled walk down the rest of the runway.
2. Tom Ford’s 80’s revival – returning to the New York Fashion Week schedule, Tom Ford did so with a modern nod to some of the styles that made his brand a household name throughout the 80’s and 90’s.
3. Alexander Wang’s runway on wheels – never one to put on the traditional runway show, Alexander Wang’s NYFW show quite literally took style to the streets. He staged his show on a closed off street in Brooklyn’s Bushwick neighbourhood and models walked onto the ‘runway’ off of a bus.
4. Everything Versace – honouring the life and death of founder Gianni Versace, the Versace runway epically featured a cast of original supermodels draped in golden dresses reminiscent of Gianni’s earliest work.
5. Moschino’s wearable bouquets – leave it to Jeremey Scott to put on a runway show filled with looks that are closer in resemblance to art than it is clothing. Wrapping models up and presenting them as bouquets of flowers was nothing short of amazing.
6. Bottega Veneta’s star-studded runway – all of the biggest millennial models were spotted on the Bottega Veneta runway. From Kendall, Gigi and Bella, to Hailey, Kaia, Romee and Emily Ratajkowski, just to name a few.
7. Saint Laurent at the Eiffel Tower – The Eiffel Tower is one of the most iconic landmarks in Paris so it’s only fitting that the equally iconic YSL show was hosted by the tower itself. It made a stunning, sparkling backdrop to the outdoor runway.
8. Everything Kaia Gerber – it’s her debut fashion week and the industry cannot get enough of her.