ONE boasts over 37 million instagram followers, the other plays a different kind of game with a private instagram account and a refusal for taking selfies;
One was discovered at JFK airport by Storm Management, the other found herself in a rapid rise to fame in an age of social media influencers and reality TV.
The rest they say is history.
Their life experiences may be worlds apart but starring in Stuart Weitzman’s Spring 2018 campaign together, the legendary Kate Moss and model of the moment Gigi Hadid have closed the generation gap and put a temporary end to the whose worked harder than who debate giving us something much more exciting to talk about!
Photographed by Mario Testino, you could almost be forgiven for thinking the duo had family ties as they posed in front of the camera for these billboard worthy images. And all the while we could sit and talk for hours about the significance of this duo joining forces and the greater message it sends, we thought it could be more fun to sift through a few fun & interesting facts about the two style mavens who may not be quite as different as we have been led to believe… and lets be honest, who doesn’t love a little model trivia?
DID YOU KNOW….?
– Kate makes her own Jam and Gigi loves McDonalds;
– Kate is a Capricorn and as a Taurean, Gigi stars are aligned making them the perfect match! (Now it all makes sense).
– Both models can add film and music clips to their resume (everyone needs a plan B) and they each lend their time and support to numerous charities, including the Elton John Aids Foundation, using their platforms to raise awareness and make a difference.
– Gigi studies criminal psychology, and was a champion horseback rider. Her favourite item of clothing is reportedly her black leggings, and her actual name is, Jelena Noura Hadid.
– In 2017, Gigi came second only to her sister Bella for the highest number of covers booked coming in at 11,with Bella pipping her from the post at 12; Nothing like a bit of friendly sibling rivalry!
– Ms Moss, drinks between 10-15 cups of tea per day and is a self-confessed ‘grammar’ snob; she won’t mix gold and silver and she has been immortalised with a gold statue in her honour, worth 1.5 million pounds – if ever there were a competition, I think Kate just won! Kate has also graced the covers of Vogue over 300 times. Staggering. (And she just sealed her win).
– Fun aside, the industry has been careful not to use the term “Supermodel” in reference to anyone other than the originals of the 80’s and 90’s, but as fashion evolves and a new generation moves in, despite whether you believe they have worked as hard or not, its fabulous to see one generation of women leading another. It doesn’t diminish the legacy; it simply adds a new layer and dimension to it;
– Karl Lagerfield himself said it, “Evolution is the secret for the next step” and Gigi and Kate just took a leap…. (In fabulous shoes!)