By Jessica Sepel – @jshealth
Here are 6 simple ways to boost your self esteem.
1. Do something for someone else – There really is no greater feeling then helping someone out. Whether a small or large act of kindness, it is always great to lend a helping hand.
2. Look in the mirror and state one thing you love about yourself – The most important relationship you will have is the one you have with yourself. When I am feeling down or stressed, I often look in the mirror and say “I love and approve of myself. It is safe for me to care for myself. I have time.”
3. Do your favourite form of exercise – We all love endorphins! But there is no need to push yourself to exercise vigorously every day. Instead, try and move your body for 30 minutes each in your favourite way – whether a jog, walk, pilates or yoga! At the moment, I am loving pilates.
4. Write in your gratitude journal – This is one of my most humbling practices. Often, I will wake up and write down 5 thing I am grateful for that day. Here, you will realise how blessed your truly are.
5. Indulge in a day of pampering – Amazing way to feel great about yourself! I often indulge in acupuncture or a massage.
6. Validate someone you love – tell them how much they’re worth it. The power of a compliment is amazing. Tell someone who has been there for you how grateful you are.