Don’t wait until you’re feeling under the weather to fight the flu – these tips will keep your immunity and energy up to keep you healthy all season long.
1. Eat a well-balanced diet. Be sure to include plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, fish, eggs, legumes and lean red meat.
2. Vitamin C. Daily around 2g/day, but if you feel the flu coming – increase to 4g/day + 30-50mg zinc. Go hard with these!
3. Good quality fish oil. Take 2-4g daily (EPA/DHA).
4. High strength probiotic (or two!) Take this daily – before breakfast and before bed.
5. Reduce mucous-forming foods. Decrease your intake of foods such as dairy, sugar and refined foods.
6. Cut back on alcohol. Limit your consumption, especially if you feel sickness coming on.
7. Hydrate with plenty of water. Drink at least 2 litres of filtered water every day.
8. And with herbal tea. Drink some delicious herbal teas: homemade lemon ginger and peppermint are ideal. They’re great immune boosting drinks.
9. Prioritize rest. Get a good night’s sleep and take time to rest and relax. 8 hours of sleep is a must..
10. Go into the stress free zone. Have at least 10 minutes of solitude and time away from demands – daily, no exception!